A simple program writen in golang for sending and receiving files in the same network.
Link to the github project: https://github.com/rafael747/tcp
- Make sure you have the GO compiler and $GOPATH defined
go get github.com/rafael747/tcp go install github.com/rafael747/tcp
This will install the tcp binary to $GOPATH/bin/tcp. If you have $GOPATH/bin in your $PATH, you can use it already. Otherwise, you can copy or link it to your $PATH e.g. /usr/local/bin
- You can also use the prebuilt packages in prebuilt/
wget https://github.com/rafael747/tcp/raw/master/prebuilt/tcp_0.1_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i tcp_0.1_amd64.deb #this will install tcp under /usr/local/bin
There are .deb packages and .exe binaries in prebuilt folder, for i386 and amd64
- To receive a file in the working directory
- To send a file to another host
tcp file host
the host can be an IP address or a name, check your DNS configuration
This is a WIP, so there are a lot of things to improve:
- The hosts must be acessible directly. You can use a SSH to tunnel the traffic through a NAT or a firewall.
- Currently, using only port 2000/tcp
- No encryptation. You can also use a SSH tunnel for that